MG08 and MG08/15 parts

MG1918

In supporting the MG08 and MG08/15 thread, I thought now that PICORATOR is working well, members would like an 'accessory'' thread.

MG1918

MG08/15 bipods

n8GmM.jpg

MG1918

0lP3z.jpg

I am aware of three main bipod patterns used in WWI for the MG08/15. There are no proper names so perhaps the standard pattern, the ersatz/expedient pattern and the tubular pattern (as used with the T Gewehr). Here is an image of the expedient (which I am looking for). So any imagery details of any other variations - outside of trench patterns - would be very welcome.

MG1918

0815 (9).jpg
Clearly my image hosting does not work, so some images of 0815 bipods that I seek. Firstly the most common as seen in period images:

MG1918

DF (149).jpg many examples were produced even close to the front line. If any members are aware of different patterns please let me know?

MG1918

Always looking for the unusual mounts :>) but as you can imagine the variants of trench mounts are enormous. Unit armourers, field and echelon workshops and then add all the anti aircraft variations - lots to find!!!

ebeeby

Sort of...
THe top photos shows the missing top "band" and has a bent bolt in its place.
The lower photo shows two zip ties in the place of a part that holds the receiver to the transit face.

Gustaf

Staff member
Hey Eric, here is the top strap, the dealer in France has been good for me, the strap is probably a reproduction, but I doubt you will find an original.

http://aassniper98.com/en/mg-08/10297-lot-de-2-pieces-pour-mg-08-ou-mg-0815-.html

Best
Gus

MG1918

911car thanks for posting. Yes indeed a fine example and more surprising still relatively intact. Here are some from other members.
View attachment op (39).jpg

Attachments

• op (29).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: