Militaria On Line Going Out Of Business ?

pickelhauben

Hey Guys,
Overnight I got this email from the German Militaria dealer "Militaria on Line " and I think it says that it is going out of business.
Has anybody else got this notification or am I reading the email wrong ?

Not entirely surprised - I don't know Sergio's age but I know he's been doing this a very long time. The website hasn't been updated in maybe 1-2 years, so I suspected he was on his way out of the business. Can you share what the email said? (I just see links to his site).

I have never dealt directly with that dealer
mainly because he once listed some Imperial Fahna unit rings
one of which was a copy of the real ring that I had bought from Jan Kube
The dealer refused to admit that the ring was a copy .
However , on another note a collector friend of mine was able to do a deal
him and pass the items on to me
Enlisted man's saddle blanket and pistol flap for the 1 L K R 1
which I was very happy to get
I think that he spends sometime in Germany and also Italy ?
Steve

Yes, I believe he is Italian but living most of the time in Germany. I've gotten some very nice pieces from him, but he can be tricky or temperamental to deal with - and it was always worth doing your homework on his offers. End of an era.

I visited him in Frankfurt, November 2017, to pick up a named Württemberg officer Tschapka with cover. Beautiful deal with this item !
However, I said to M. Semino on the phone before I visited him, I was also interested in EM Überzüge. But all those items he then showed me when I visited him, could not convince me...He then was pretty angry and brusque that I only bought the Tschapka (which was not that cheap: 3200 Euro..).
At least, not a gentleman behaviour that I would have expected... But this is only my own experience
Philippe

He quoted me 600 euro for shipping a tschako tracked. He said he can do untracked at cheaper price but the risk is for me to take.

I asked if there is a typo and he reiterated that it's 600 euro to ship a 1300 euro Tschako.

I was speechless 🙊

He quoted me 600 euro for shipping a tschako tracked. He said he can do untracked at cheaper price but the risk is for me to take.

I asked if there is a typo and he reiterated that it's 600 euro to ship a 1300 euro Tschako.

I was speechless 🙊

That is ridiculous, should be around 75 Euros including insurance.

Sounds like a nice guy 👺 and sometimes people just don't want to deal with the hassle of international shipping. I've had his site bookmarked for years and always check to see what he has listed and "neu" items coming in. I've always had a strange feeling about the way things are listed and the photo's. Sometimes it is good to follow such feelings.

I would be really pissed If I'd wanted something bad only to be told 600 euros for shipping.

I was speechless 🙊

A couple of years ago I bought approximately 20 nice photo postcards and cabinet photos from him.

He initially quoted me a $100 cost for tracked postage from Germany to U.S.A. I complained and he dropped the quoted price to $50. I also showed him a photo of an envelope with my address and the cost of the postage on it to receive a batch of photo postcards I had received recently from a seller in Germany, including showing him the stack of postcards I had received, which cost approximately $8 to mail 10 or 12 postcards to the U.S. He would not budge on his insistence of trying to charge me $50 to mail them to the U.S. I ended up having him mail the photo postcards to a friend in Germany which cost me 2 or 3 Euros, and my friend mailed them on to me for a cost of approximately 10 Euros at that time.

Not sure what is up with up with his insane shipping cost quotes. Apparently he seems to do this to everyone. 😠

Best Wishes,

Alan

No, the email just says that the website is going out of business.
Thanks! I didn't have this shipping price trouble with a kokarde and a Hamburg plate I purchased from him years ago so that bothers me. I'll just have to think about how to approach him.

Back