Miniature Prussian Pickelhaube made from heavy metal. Desk Ornament?

ww1czechlegion

Offered for sale is a Prussian Miniature Helmet made from heavy metal.

The spike has broken off cleanly at the base, and sits on the base just fine. The tip of the spike is dinged up as shown in photos.

The front visor is bent a bit, and some of the black (?paint) finish has come off, on the outside of the visor in that area that is bent, as seen in photos.

The mini helmet is approximately 3" Tall. And it is approximately 3 1/4" distance from center area edge of front visor to center edge area of back visor.

This is a cool looking little helmet. I'm not sure if it was made as a desk ornament, or what the purpose was for it. It is definitely old, and looks to be of the WW1 or earlier period of time.

SOLD. Item was Sold on another venue

Contact me at: [email protected]

Postage is $10.00 in USA for Priority Mail w/Tracking.

I can mail this to Canada for $25.00 via 1st Class International Mail w/Tracking.

Postage to UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands: $30 via 1st Class International Mail w/Tracking.

I can mail this to Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore, for $35.00 via 1st Class International Mail w/Tracking.

Thanks,

Alan

101_7101.JPG

101_7102.JPG

101_7103.JPG

101_7104.JPG

101_7105.JPG

101_7106.JPG

101_7107.JPG

101_7108.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting..... a paperweight, perhaps?

I remember seeing photos years ago of a minature helmet like this that was an inkwell.

Interesting..... a paperweight, perhaps?

I remember seeing photos years ago of a minature helmet like this that was an inkwell.

Yes, it's very likely that this item was used as an inkwell. The spike is made to be lifted off the helmet body. The spike does not appear to have ever been broken off the top of the helmet. In other words, I believe the spike was made to be removed from the helmet body, as the helmet was likely used to hide an ink well container beneath the helmet body.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Back