Miniature Schirmmütze (Visitor Cap)

Green

Hello,

I hope someone can help me out with ID this miniature Schirmmütze (Visitor Cap)?

Measures 12 cm wide and 6 cm high. (iron cross to compare)

Thats a cute thing but do not know what the purpose would be on this cap
Deskpiece or anything looks in nice condition

Jonas

kaiser said:
Thats a cute thing but do not know what the purpose would be on this cap
Deskpiece or anything looks in nice condition

Jonas

Thanks..
Yes, its a cute little thing. That is why I bought it at the first place. But its also interesting to know, if it is from WWI, Germany, which part of the army and for what purpose they made it? I cannot find anything about it on the internet and thought........ here is the place they may know something about it???

The size of this Schirmmutze is too small for it to be a child's uniform, which was very popular during the period. I think this might be part of a doll uniform from the period. Several European countries produced military dolls during WW1 and many of them had accurate uniforms. This could be a cap off of a doll. Google "World War 1 Military Dolls" and look at images. You will find several highly accurate examples. Unfortunately, I didn't see any exactly like yours.

John :-k

I have seen quite a few of these, far too nicely made as a toy in my opinion. They are generally accepted by my collecting friends who search for them, to be cap manufacturer's salesman SWAG. Basically a trinket to be given away.

Thanks for your opinions!
Indeed the craftsmanship of the Schirmmutze/ Visitorcap is very great. Also the used materials....the finest leather and fabric.
I had never saw such a piece and it looks a great display piece for my WWI medal collection. I was wondering if it missing a second kokarden.

Here is another one, suggested to be a farewell present:

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/26/Baden_Miniatur_Schirmmuetze_fuer_Beamte_der_Badischen_Preussischen_Staatseisenbahn__252426.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

911car said:
Here is another one, suggested to be a farewell present:

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/26/Baden_Miniatur_Schirmmuetze_fuer_Beamte_der_Badischen_Preussischen_Staatseisenbahn__252426.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello,

The first time I to see an other one.....they are not cheap!

Cheers,
Green

Back