Miniature Wurttemberg Sword

SCHUPO

Gents,

I recently picked up a very nice Wurttemberg miniature sword at a local military show that I thought I would show. If you can't find a full size sword this is the next best buy at a show IMHO.

The mini Prussian Infantry Officer Degen (IOD) can often be found but this is an example of the similar Wurttemberg Infantry Officer Sword. This IOD has a nickeled straight blade that is typical of the genre of these German miniatures. There is a red felt washer between the hilt and the blade as is also common. The gilt brass hilt is the same as the Prussian IOD but it has no grip insignia and the insignia on the guard is the Wurttemberg crest rather than the Prussian eagle. This sword came with the attached mini sword knot (Portepee) in its usual form. The straight nickel plated steel scabbard has two embossed suspension bands with two round rings attached. The back of the scabbard is plain with embossed suspension bands. The front of the scabbard has fancy embossed foliage designs as well as suspension bands.

I was happy to find this scarce little sword at a reasonable price.

Attachments

• Mini Wurtt sword.JPG
    Mini Wurtt sword.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Mini Wurtt sword close.JPG
    Mini Wurtt sword close.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Mini Wurtt sword guard.JPG
    Mini Wurtt sword guard.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Mini Wurtt sword hilt.JPG
    Mini Wurtt sword hilt.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Mini Wurtt sword scab drag.JPG
    Mini Wurtt sword scab drag.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
Congratulations, a nice little find. I like these letter opener as well and have a copy on my desk. However, I‘m still looking for such a sweet little Portepee like yours (y)

Thanks for the kudos. I have quite a few of these letter opener sized mini-swords as well as accouterments such as knots.

Attachments

• Mini Pol knots.JPG
    Mini Pol knots.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini Faust.JPG
    Mini Faust.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini Art sword.JPG
    Mini Art sword.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini Bav Inf sword.JPG
    Mini Bav Inf sword.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini Heidelberg sword.JPG
    Mini Heidelberg sword.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 5
Very cool and nice looking miniatures, I've had a nice shrapnel letter opener for as long as I can remember , it does the trick but not nearly as classy as these (y)(y)

Back