MOD95: Baden IR 112

Jupiter66

Good evening
Here is my last comeback, a helmet of IR 112 which was based in Mulhouse (France)...

He is a little tired and I'll restore it gently... otherwise I'm happy to return another Baden.

One pic of IR 112

Very nice...indeed. The markings are what makes it as James has stated. There is no doubt about what this is or where it came from. Congratulations!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! Perhaps a silly question but why was a regiment from Baden stationed in Mulhouse (Alsace)?

Regards,

Edwin

Would you be so kind so post some pics of the back of the griffin and the front of the helmetshell ?
Thank you,
Francis

Very nice!

I think the Pickelhaube in the hands of the fellow on the floor in the photo is interesting. The light indicates that the visor of the helmet is bowed out slightly (as many are in our collections these days), so maybe some got that way through use (the uberzug pulling on it over time or in the rain) and weren't always from being displayed on their 'visors'... key word 'always'. :)

:D Ron

edwin said:
! Perhaps a silly question but why was a regiment from Baden stationed in Mulhouse (Alsace)?

HelloIn fact IR 112 was one of the regiments of "occupation" in Alsace and Lorraine...(France)

I love this regiment for two things: because it comes with an "Alsatian" regiment and also because a famous lieutenant served in this regiment: Herman GOERING

Here are the front and back plate... Watch the jumpers...

Back