Model 1915 Prussian Ulan Tschapka Enlisted Version with Removable Mortarboard

ww1czechlegion

Offered for sale is a nice Prussian Ulan Enlisted Tschapka, Model 1915 Enlisted Man's Version.

The Front visor needs to be re-stitched. I can refer the buyer to someone who does an excellent job restitching the unique visor attachment method on these tschapkas. The fold-over part on the underside of the visor that needs to be restitched to the helmet body is fully intact and appears to be in sound condition.

Size 55 marked inside, with a maker mark that I can't quite make out. One leather "tongue" is torn, but is present on the leather adjustment thong. Another "tongue" is torn through on the end, where the leather thong pulled through the folded over edge of the leather "tongue". The wearer's right side of the liner has worn through on the edge of the helmet, where it folds over. This can be seen in the photos I posted.

The finish is nice on the exterior of the tschapka.

Removable mortar board is in good shape, and not dented up. There is some minor wear to the black enamel painted surface. The top of the mortar board seems to have a paint defect in the very center of the mortar board, as seen in photos. It doesn't appear to be rust damage, but more like it is a paint defect, as if something touched the surface before the enamel paint dried. The toggle for the fangschnur attachment is missing, as is common on these M15 helmets.

Original Reichs Kokarde present, with wear to the paint as seen in photos.

The chinstrap puzzles me. I honestly do not know if this is an ersatz type of period chinstrap, or if it is an old reproduction chinstrap. It is very unusual, and has a black surface that is stitched to a leather backing chinstrap. Most of the back half of the leather chinstrap is missing, as seen in my photos. The metal fittings have a similar matching gray pewter finish to them that matches the M91 side posts.

This helmet will make a nice addition to your collection, and it displays excellently.

Price: $XXXXXXX + Postage.

Payment via PayPal is o.k. I prefer "friends and family". Payment via bank wire transfer is o.k., as is a bank money order.

USA Postage: $25.00 via Priority Mail with Tracking

Canada Postage: $45.00 via 1st Class International Parcel Mail with Tracking

Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, U.K. Postage: $68.00 via 1st Class International Parcel Mail with Tracking

Singapore Postage: $75.00 via 1st Class International Parcel Mail with Tracking

Australia & New Zealand Postage: $75.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking

Thanks,

Alan

100_8268.JPG

100_8269.JPG

100_8270.JPG

100_8272.JPG

100_8273.JPG

100_8274.JPG

100_8275.JPG

100_8276.JPG

100_8277.JPG

100_8278.JPG