More pictures

Hunter9707

So my sister sent me more pictures, thank you sis! Tell me what you think. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image000004.jpeg
    image000004.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image000005.jpeg
    image000005.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image000006.jpeg
    image000006.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image000007.jpeg
    image000007.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 40
  • image000003.jpeg
    image000003.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 37
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 32
  • image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8526.png
    IMG_8526.png
    7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8527.png
    IMG_8527.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Your sister did fine work with the photos she took. There's nothing wrong with them, and they are of good quality and very helpful for everyone to see here. They're actually nicer quality photos than some adults I know are able to shoot.

I'm guessing that you may have forgotten that you started two other threads/postings here about this helmet.

First one titled "Help Please What Do I Have": https://www.pickelhaubes.com/xf/threads/help-what-do-i-have.19200/

Second one titled "Help Please": https://www.pickelhaubes.com/xf/threads/help-please.19201/#post-142763

There is nothing fake about your helmet, so you can relax. All the parts are original parts, there does not appear to be any modern parts on this helmet. I will let the other members here explain what your helmet is. It certainly is an interesting looking helmet with unusual characteristics.

Thanks for posting the photos here, we appreciate it.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Last edited:
Your sister did fine work with the photos she took. There's nothing wrong with them, and they are of good quality and very helpful for everyone to see here. They're actually nicer quality photos than some adults I know are able to shoot.

I'm guessing that you may have forgotten that you started two other threads/postings here about this helmet.

First one titled "Help Please What Do I Have": https://www.pickelhaubes.com/xf/threads/help-what-do-i-have.19200/

Second one titled "Help Please": https://www.pickelhaubes.com/xf/threads/help-please.19201/#post-142763

There is nothing fake about your helmet, so you can relax. All the parts are original parts, there does not appear to be any modern parts on this helmet. I will let the other members here explain what your helmet is. It certainly is an interesting looking helmet with unusual characteristics.

Thanks for posting the photos here, we appreciate it.

Best Wishes,

Alan
Thank you for your response, I’m new to this and I was not for sure if you open a new one each time or keep adding to the original. So my apologies if I did it wrong. You are right, she did do a good job. I stand corrected and she didn’t have to even do it for me in the first place.

As Alan has stated above, the "parts" are original. However, the helmet itself has been made up to look like an officer helmet when in fact the shell is from an enlisted man's helmet. The liner is also EM while the visors with their red and green linings are from an officer helmet. So what has happened in the past, is that someone has taken an enlisted man's helmet shell and tried to turn it into a Prussian reserve infantry officer helmet. They have used original parts and fittings which have value $ but the piece itself is made up and "bogus".

As Alan has stated above, the "parts" are original. However, the helmet itself has been made up to look like an officer helmet when in fact the shell is from an enlisted man's helmet. The liner is also EM while the visors with their red and green linings are from an officer helmet. So what has happened in the past, is that someone has taken an enlisted man's helmet shell and tried to turn it into a Prussian reserve infantry officer helmet. They have used original parts and fittings which have value $ but the piece itself is made up and "bogus".
Thank you. I can actually see my grandfather doing this. He was very crafty with his hands…… so I would not put it past him. I’m 44 yo, it was done before I was born lol. Again, thank you for the information given.

Reactions: ccj
Back