More sections?

joerookery

Brian,

I think this idea is great – if we have our stuff together we would make a section for all sorts of helmets. For instance Karel once did a thing on felt ersatz helmets. I know people would probably like it if we could focus all of the various threads on one type of helmet. For instance all of the various threads on the JR 92 helmet could be moved under one section. That would take a lot of work but organization is key and right now we have old threads all over the place. A section on jr115, a section on JZP, a section on Dragoner helmets. Any interest in doing that?

Well it is not a big deal creating new sections but we can't move old posts around between sections. We also have stickies on such threads as the Hessen Family of Helmets, The Leather Chin Strap etc., so that if some one wants to gain information on a particularly rare helmet or part it can be done. Thus, I do not think we would be achieving anything beyond cluttering up the Board Index. Is it not logical that if I want information on a particularly rare helmet that I should head for the pickelhaube discussion section and look there? I can also if I am a member, do a search by topic of posts that have been made. This suggestion would clutter up the Board Index and add to confusion.

Making any changes to the forums currently is a risky action and would make me nervous. Things aren't exactly stable at the moment. We just discovered that since Summer of 2014 there have been an estimated 300 users who were not activated due to no administrator activation. We had no idea that they were trying to join the forum because notices to activate were not being sent to the administrator email. I would like to get everything under control and up to date before deciding the future of the forums and how they're sorted for users to use and discover with ease.

Our tech is working on the problem. I will no longer have to activate people, it will be automatic so no slip ups.

Back