My 2020 SOS purchases

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
While patiently waiting for Brian to set up a Kinder section on the forum, I thought I would show all my main purchases from this years SOS, more better pictures to follow later.

Picked up two outstanding Kinder uniforms at the show, that I easily could have sold a dozen times. Later on, had one on table with the form it came with as it was too big to put under table, and it was the #1 piece people asked how much for, NOT FOR SALE.

The first set was a planned purchase from a friend in Germany that brought it to the show for me, includes tunic sword and hanger, and a stunning Kinder Ersatz helmet in mint condition, first Ersatz Kinder I have ever seen. After buying that one, it was a steady stream of do you want this, including another Tunic to the 133rd, Kinder Sabretache, Kinder Ulan front vest? Also, a case of many different Kinder shoulder straps, so cool. Not all pieces are mint, but remember these kids played with this stuff.

As far as big boy purchase, got a nice Saxon tin helmet marked to the 102R, Very nice Prussian Garde officer from a good friend and forum member George Anderson, and lastly a very nice Prussian Felt, did not need it, but price was right and it is in stunning condition.

Lastly on last day was not looking for it, but a dealer was slashing his prices, so picked up a very nice and well etched Train Battalion sword to Hessian train BTl. 18.

All in all a great show, and for the first time, there seemed to be plenty of helmets for everyone to choose from.

James

Congratulations on all your "treasures" James and thank you for organizing a great Show for the rest of us! I will get Logan to post that new Kinder area on the forum.

I could not even find another box of crackers this year, but it was probably the Best SOS yet. We made it home just ahead of a big blizzard.

Hello James ;
Are you sure that all these small straps are for children ?
One that you show has writing on the bottom
I think it is a red strap J. B. 6
a lot of these small straps were stock used by the people
who put them in frames for soldiers as they ended their
service with a regiment and was a memory of their time in the regiment
I have 1 of these for the KAGGR# 1 and I have a collection of the small straps
Steve McFarland

KAGGR#1 said:
Hello James ;
Steve McFarland

Steve good question I do not know the answer to? I do have several Kinder tunics, and these all match the size and craftsmanship of the ones on the tunics....

James

J.LeBrasseur said:
KAGGR#1 said:
Hello James ;
Steve McFarland

Steve good question I do not know the answer to? I do have several Kinder tunics, and these all match the size and craftsmanship of the ones on the tunics....

James

I suspect that the small straps served both purposes.

Back