13-1.jpg

06-3.jpg

08-3.jpg

07-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

09-2.jpg

Sadowa said:
My "Catch of the year"

WoW!! (gasp! :love10: ) Good for you! This is the Model that still eludes me. Are you going to replace the Wappen with a pre-1895 issued example with screw posts? I can see the inside of the spike neck, which means the spike neck rotates to close the holes, which was standard until 1895. Could you get a photo of the interior where the M87 chinstrap buckle is attached? I assume there is only one to keep the M87 hook from rotating?

Way to go! :thumbleft:

OHHHHHHHHHH WOW Thats superb.
Thanks to Tony and Kaiser I now know all about rotating spike bases!!!
:compress: Bravo
Stu Das158er

• Yes-the neck of the spike rotates-see pictures-open and closed.
    Tony, I hope you ment this shots of the chinstrap buckle-hope this help.
    Up to the replacing the Wappen-yes-I would like- if I had any!!
P1010040.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Excellent! One of the Holy Grails of helmet collecting. Congratulations, Brian

Sadowa said:
//Tony, I hope you ment this shots of the chinstrap buckle-hope this help.//
Actually, I meant on the inside, under the liner, where it is mounted to the helmet. But those are just outstanding photos of the strap.

• Tony-sorry ,I was not sure what did you mean-so this must be the right one. It is the same on both sides.
    I can´t make better shot because of the dry liner-I am afraid of rupture.
    I am going to saturate the leather with some ointment with fat and water.

Many thanks to other guys for so nice compliments.

P1010024.jpg

[quote; I am going to saturate the leather with some ointment with fat and water.]

Oh my God! Are you sure of what you are doing??.. Be extremely careful...[/quote]

Alexandr, that is what I meant. Cannot see if there is a brass brad, but if it is too dry, let it be. And I completely agree with Bruno; there is nothing wrong with a dry liner. Many of mine are dry. The worse thing you can do in my opinion is 'treat' it with any type of oil, fat, treatment, saddle soap, etc. If you do, you will get mould. (mold US spelling).

So you are the one :cry:
I tryed for it and was out bid. I am glad to see it went to someone
on the forum.

Congrats on a great helmet.

• I understand your displaying fear from the "treatment" .But I have long time expiereance.I got this advice, lot of years ago, from one very old saddler.He told me he never met a better substance then "Indulona"/the trade mark/, for the dry leather, in his own life.First I have started to use this on some belts,leather cartridge boxes and leather scabbards. I am collecting swords and fire arms long time-since my 17 years- now I am 51 years old man./Pickelhabes I collect 4 years./ This substance has optimal content of the fat and water and no side effects and,if the things are preserved in dry and quite warm-standard flat conditions-no mold is imminent. Of course I don´use it in every time,only in special cases when it is better to use it to avoid an "accident" by manupulation.

Now to gregM- yes,I am the one....I had a fear to be out bid in final,so that I have asked the seller for "buy it now price" ...the rest you know.
    Thanks for the congrats.
    Alexandr

Alexandr; Nice and very rare helmet! Talk to Tony about restoration. More information can only aide you in your efforts. :D :D Jerry R.

Back