My ersatz xmas present to myself

Very nice Amy! Is this the variant with the riveted visor?
These were made by only one maker.
Also nice to read, that I am not the only one buying an ersatz haube for Christmas, as I did the exact same.

Very nice Amy! Is this the variant with the riveted visor?
These were made by only one maker.
Also nice to read, that I am not the only one buying an ersatz haube for Christmas, as I did the exact same.
Yes both the front and back visors are secured with rivets. One of them has brown liner while the other one has black rivets.

Yes I am just like you buying things for myself for Xmas. Your recent ersatz purchase looks good.

Yes both the front and back visors are secured with rivets. One of them has brown liner while the other one has black rivets.

Yes I am just like you buying things for myself for Xmas. Your recent ersatz purchase looks good.
That's what I keep telling Missus B...😉

Well done. Congratulation.
Me, I only have one. 😇 It is complete but I photographed it without cockades and without chinstrap, to show the rivets well. The only manufacturer to manufacture this version is Depaheg. The bomb is made of vulcanized fiber.
In fact, the rivets replace the seam, because you cannot sew the vulkanized fiber which is close to the plastic material. It risks splitting, at the place of bites. Another Ersatz "troop" model is made of vulkanized fiber but in one piece

Attachments

• Fibre rivet AV Bibi.jpg
    Fibre rivet AV Bibi.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Fibre rivet AV Bibi_.jpg
    Fibre rivet AV Bibi_.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Fibre rivet AV Bibi~.jpg
    Fibre rivet AV Bibi~.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Fibre vulkanisée BA I après BIBI.JPG
    Fibre vulkanisée BA I après BIBI.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
Well done. Congratulation.
Me, I only have one. 😇 It is complete but I photographed it without cockades and without chinstrap, to show the rivets well. The only manufacturer to manufacture this version is Depaheg. The bomb is made of vulcanized fiber.
In fact, the rivets replace the seam, because you cannot sew the vulkanized fiber which is close to the plastic material. It risks splitting, at the place of bites. Another Ersatz "troop" model is made of vulkanized fiber but in one piece
Nice

What a great helmet, Amy!

My favorite type of all of the ersatz variations.

Mine has the faint Depaheg makers marking on the liner. Is yours stamped as well? I have seen some that were not.

Regardless, Zebedeus is spot-on; uncommon and rare! Great find!

Merry Christmas,

Bryan.

Back