My favorite piece of my late Brothers collection

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Still going through my late brothers stuff, adding some helmets to my collection where needed.

This was always one of the pieces I loved the most that he had.

Nice Ersatz Shako with chemically darkened wappen and original Uberzug with "3" on it.

Interesting brown chinstrap as well.

thanks

James

Yes, very, very nice shako James.

These are quite hard to find, as are the covers as of course you know.

I've had one on my want list for quite some time.

Best Regards,

Alan

Very hard to find EM shakos with matching covers and unit number on the cover!
You have there a very desirable piece of history, exactly in the configuration as it was worn! I love those matching things! Do you see regimental stamps or date in the shako or in the cover?

Here is mine:

Philippe
:wink:

A beautiful piece Philippe and so very rare to have both items! I love how the R has been simply painted on the uberzug. :thumb up:

b.loree said:
I love how the R has been simply painted on the uberzug.

Yes Brian, Tschakos and Überzüge of the RJB8 came from the JB8. Both pieces are exactly the same way regimentally marked with "J8" and "1915" dated.
This simple addition of the painted "R" is also well documented on period picts (note the different places and highes were the "R" has been painted on the Überzüge :eek: ).

Philippe
:wink:

James,
Your late brother did have some awesome taste when it came to what he collected. :bravo:
Best regards,
John

The SOS will never be the same without Paul, even once we get back to normal and can all attend. However, I think I can speak for everyone of the forum gang that gathers there...he will always be in our thoughts.

b.loree said:
The SOS will never be the same without Paul, even once we get back to normal and can all attend. However, I think I can speak for everyone of the forum gang that gathers there...he will always be in our thoughts.

Thanks my friend, the thoughts are appreciated.

James

Back