My first 1895 line officers pickelhaube, possible initials or royal cypher?

very nice. I assume the previous owner may have been posh as he had his initial embroidered on the lining ?
I am glad you like it :), it is not actually embroidered. it is made of of metall. So defiently someone spent a pretty penny to make their helmet personal.

That is awesome Kaikun2001!

Congrats on your first 1895 officer's helmet. It looks like a really nice, complete example.

I remember being pretty happy when I got my first! Really chuffed!

Watch out, though; they can be addictive!

Bryan.

In my limited experience any Graf cypher always is made of brass and includes the correct crown. This is a very nice “first officer” helmet. Congratulations!

In fact it is an officer model 1871, because this model did not change until the officer model 1915. (the higher point, and the Reichskokarde on the right have no effect on the model)
The infantry troop model, alone, is called the 1895 model (ventilation of the rear bead, fixing of the frontal plate by bridges, etc.)
Regarding the monogram, you should look at the reverse but I have the impression that it is a B in stamped and stapled metal, and not an embroidery.
Officer's helmets were still bought commercially, and in times of peace the German aristocracy and nobility practiced the profession of officer by tradition.

Back