My first Guard Officer Helmet

ww1czechlegion

Again, another lucky find this past fall, at the MAX Show of all places. I can't believe that someone else turned this helmet down before it was offered to me. A bit of sudsy ammonia on the silver fittings (except for the star, keeping it away from the enamel!), and it made this helmet look like an entirely different piece. Too bad the laquer finish has come off in spots on the helmet exterior! The black eagle rotates a bit, and I forgot to turn it upright before the pic shoot.

Any help of deciphering the name penciled into the liner would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to learn more about this reserve officer & if he is findable in the rank lists.

Which of the four units did this reserve officer serve in?

- 5.Garde-Regt. zu Fuß Garde-Korps (Spandau)
- Garde-Füsilier-Regt. (Berlin) Garde-Korps
- Garde-Pionier-Bataillon (Berlin) Garde-Korps
- Eisenbahn-Regt. Nr.1-4

I'll bring a couple of large pics of the name to the S.O.S. to see if anyone can read this script penciled name.

Thanks everyone!!!

Alan

A very beautiful helmet, congrats!! I do not see any major finish problems. If you want some advice as to how to make things near perfect, pm me. Brian

ww1czechlegion said:
Which of the four units did this reserve officer serve in?
Hi Alan,

With the silver rosettes on the chinsales, you have two choices:

- Garde-Pionier-Bataillon (Berlin) Garde-Korps
- Eisenbahn-Regt. Nr.1-4

Hello Alan,

it is great and very cool helmet,congrats!

5.Garde-Regt. zu Fuß and Garde-Füsilier-Regt used to have silver chinscales-I think.

Alexandr

Hi, congratulations - very nice helmet!
I think there is no name inside, something like: "Gad Eisenb Reg" and the helmet-size: "56".
And what is under the "Reg" - just some lines or a squeezed "2" ???
Best regards,
Jens

Back