My First Pickelhaube

D Hunt

Hello,

New to the forum. I had a m1916 steel helmet that I sold years ago to help buy my then fiance an engagement ring. 17 years later My wife bought me this, It needs some work that Brian is going to do for it. I am very pleased but already feel the need to get another, oh no.

Dave

Welcome Dave! You have the virus… Nothing much you can do about it except cave-in into the dark side. Supportive wives are hugely great!

Welcome to this fine forum !
Looking forward to see your reborn Baden Haube!!

Francis

Welcome! :)

Yes, one is never enough... kind of like very expensive potato chips. It will be interesting to see what Brian does with this and yes, it's great to have a supportive wife!

:D Ron

Welcome to the forum and I am looking forward to your follow-ups on your Baden haube. And yes, one is never enough :D

Regards,

Edwin

Welcome to the I.C.U. of the haube collecting world Dave! I'm afraid that once you've begun this journey there's no turning back! This site will be of invaluable assistance in your future "pursuits". Good-luck and good hunting! :cool:

Welcome Dave. I posted your helmet "before" pictures in the restoration section on the forum. The helmet shell has been hydrated and blocked back into the correct shape as well as the rear visor. Both visors have been restitched and I am working on filling in that small hole in the shell right now.

Back