My Great Uncle Walther Starke Ulan 21

Very nice and rare
I think that I see a crown and a cypher inside
was there anyway that you could I D the officer who owned it ?
Steve
Yes, there was a cypher with a seven-point crown, meaning a baron / Freiherr. It could have been a “D”, but I’m not sure. I never checked who could have been the original owner.

Best wishes

GardeUlan

Yes, there was a cypher with a seven-point crown, meaning a baron / Freiherr. It could have been a “D”, but I’m not sure. I never checked who could have been the original owner.

Best wishes

GardeUlan
Do you have any idea what time frame the helmet might be from ?
Since it was a rather late formed regiment makes it better to check
than one of the old regiments that was in place for many years .
Steve

Great officer shoulder boards Steve. Congratulations on acquiring them.

Do you have any enlisted shoulder boards that relate to this thread and the specific Saxon Ulan enlisted cavalryman posting of Paul's ancestor photos which started this thread?

We all know you have a world class Officer shoulder board collection, and it is always nice to see your collection no matter where you decide to post your items.

Best Wishes,

Alan
Alan
I dug out my enlisted Uhlan shoulder straps trays
of course U R 21 is in the last try as I display by regiment by the order they
appear in the books
From what I think that I know , Tony has shown the epaulettes
I am not sure if a pre war enlisted strap is know for Saxon U R 21 with a cypher ?
I have not seen one and don't own one .I will yield to Mike Kelso and his book on that subject
WE see here a Pair of overcoat / mantel straps and they are numbered
I did have one Feldgrau example with a cypher for Saxon U R 21
Thanks
SteveSaxon U R 21.JPG

Here is my Saxon Uhlan uniform.
Since I only collect officers, I got rid of the entire uniform at the beginning of the year. Just like the Saxon carbine. The uniform from the 3rd Reich no longer exists either. Can't find anything interesting with that era. The uniforms aren't nice.

Attachments

• P1040872.JPG
    P1040872.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Back