My JZP's

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Here are my Other Ranks JZP helmets in my collection.

From left to right

1) CE Junker 1916 probably repo chinstrap
2) CE Junker 1914 marked 55.5 8.J.P. Just picked up from Forum member!
3) Reserve JZP marked J.Z.PF. 6 55 Damaschke
4) CE Junker 1914 marked 8.J.P. 56.5
5) M15 Marked 1916 cannot make out full makers mark, partial is LBING u. SACKEWITZ

James:

Nice collection.

Stangely enough, I pulled my lone JZP off the shelf last night to re-fresh my memory re. the maker (C.E. Junker).

It's the twin of your helmet #1. I've always liked the JZP design. A bit more elegant than the Kurrasier design.

These helmets always remind me of a good friend of mine who passed away about 10 years ago. It was a standing joke between us as he could never pronounce Jager zu Pferde correctly (or at least he pretended not to) mangling the German just to get a reaction from me.

Thanks for posting these great looking helmets.

Steve Nick said:
//These helmets always remind me of a good friend of mine who passed away about 10 years ago. It was a standing joke between us as he could never pronounce Jager zu Pferde correctly (or at least he pretended not to) mangling the German just to get a reaction from me. //

Was that Jim Godefroy Steve? I also noted Jim could not pronounce Jäger zu Pferde. I miss Jim :sad1:

Was that Jim Godefroy Steve? I also noted Jim could not pronounce Jäger zu Pferde. I miss Jim :sad1:
[/quote]

Great guy, loved his Ebay handle Triplane!!

James

Tony without Kaiser said:

Actually Tony, it was Ted Wigney. Ted liked to give me the gears about collecting German stuff so he'd deliberately mangle any German term I used. He particularly enjoyed mispronouncing "Jogger zoo Ferdiee".

..and yes, German was not Jim's forte. I too miss him. He and I did many deals over the years. Jim was fun to deal with and he was very passionate about collecting. Too many of these fellow collectors have passed away. I miss getting together at the Ottawa and Montreal shows. It was a fun time.

Steve Nick said:
Actually Tony, it was Ted Wigney.

Thanks Steve. I remember Ted's name.

That is a nice line-up James, especialy the Reserve in silber. Very nice. Here are mine:

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/helmets/dbh47.htm

dbh47.jpg

http://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/helmets/dbh89.htm

dbh89.jpg

Astounding James!!!

A knockout collection!

Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

John

Thanks everyone, the Silver Reservist in the middle was my late brothers, he loved that helmet.

I remember when he got it 25 years ago or so, he had to borrow money from me to get it, my wife almost killed me!

James

Hey what's a brother for?? You came through! I sometimes wish I had siblings, being an only child. Then, I have second thoughts about sharing my stuff...so nah, I prefer things as they are. :D

J.LeBrasseur said:
Thanks everyone, the Silver Reservist in the middle was my late brothers, he loved that helmet.
I remember when he got it 25 years ago or so, he had to borrow money from me to get it, my wife almost killed me!
James

Marvelous. You will have that forever I'm sure. How about some larger images of that one?

James
A truly outstanding collection of JZP's. It is very cool that both you and your brother shared a hobby; not very many siblings do, especially as folks grow up and move on. :bravo: The Reserve JZP marked J.Z.PF. 6 55 Damaschke should be a wonderful reminder of the times shared. :wink: I agree with Tony; please post some pictures of the Reserve JZP marked J.Z.PF. 6 55 Damaschke when you have the time. Thanks for posting.
Best regards,
John

Back