My little collection - Pickelhauben

brusik1 said:
it may be but for what? ... :???:

Good question. It looks as if it was on there from the point of manufacture. I don't really see a reason for putting paper in there, unless a few of the wooden forms they used for the leather shells were shellacked or similar and paper was used as a way to keep the leather from sticking... and this paper happened to stick to the leather? No, dumb idea.
It wouldn't add any strength, unless the shell is some sort of composite that is hidden by the paper... :-k :-k :-k Brian, Karel, others, any ideas?

:D Ron

brusik1 said:
probably the spiked helmet is made of another leather, for example, kangaroo .... :D :D

Or maybe made of Alf-leather :lol: Approximately the same color :p

Philippe

brusik1 said:
Hello comrades,
new member of my collection
Landwehr, a pioneer?

Hi Brusik,

Obviously yes, Pionier Landwehr Offizier, but why a gilt perlring on the neck? It should be completely white metal.
The chinscales rosettes should be white too....The back trim seems to be brass?

Otherwise I wonder if the white metal of spike and spike base has not been gilt before (cheaper war production) and lost the gilt in the time... #-o

Philippe

I'm not sure that the Pickelhaube is a pioneer, the back was gilded. The top is available in silver and should be in silver :)

This is the original tip, nickel silver, it's hard to find the same tip :oops: , so I have another tip with golden neck found .....
everything else is original and changed nothing.

this is a photo of the original tip:

The neck perlring has to be silver too, like this Garde Pionier Helm in my collection, and only the stars and chinscales have to be gilt:

Your original tip seems to have been broken and resoldered, without the perlring....A gilt perlring does not fit a white fittings helmet, no matter if Garde Pionier, Garde zu Fuß or Garde Fusilier Regiment. White frontplate = white spike + white front and back trims.

Philippe

brusik1 said:
rear part seems has not been replaced .... :???:

It´s only my two cents, but I do not like so much the way the rear trim is going under the spike base...

Philippe

That is a very nice Baden officer helme, excellent condition. Congratulations :thumb up:

Back