My Morning Find

mauihiu

I just picked up these this morning.

Jager zu pferd, Wurttemburg, Saxon Train, Prussian Pioneer, Troppenhelm, erzatz Prussian, and Prussian Inf.

Not bad for a mornings work! :D

Would love to get some feedback, and I will post close ups a little later.

you did a hell off a job finding these
telling from the distance the all look to be original
butt ass i speek for all of us
we love to see eatch helmet individualy
that way it makes it easyer to judge the haubes
but my guess is it will al be positive reply's
concrats with the big find =D>

jonas

Great helmets!!! I would love to have a find like this in 1 morning. Were these helmets found at a fleamarket or with a private collector?

Greetings

Pickelhaube

Pickelhaube,

They are from a private collection, I am lucky enough to have a good friend who needed to downsize!

Well done ,they look fine.
To buy a complete collection takes the fun of hunting away ,but it would be a sin to let them slip away.

Love that M1902 Tropenhelm; congrats!!

Too bad the crown was snapped off the eagle.

Would you post more closeups including the interior?

Very, very nice, congratulations! You certainly have to "seize the day" when these opportunities come along!

Wow! That's really something! Now I know where NOT to shop for Pickelhaube: Wiesbaden. It looks like you've cleaned the place up pretty well, from another collector or not.
I'd take 'em by the dozens if I could. :)

:D Ron

You seem to be lucky on many accounts:

Having friends!! knowledgable friends who are down sizing, and right time right place!!!!

Great pieces.

Mark

Ron asked me to post some interior shots of my tropenhelm a while back, sorry for the delay, so here goes...

thanks

Ron asked me to post some interior shots of my tropenhelm a while back, sorry for the delay, so here goes...

thanks

it has the wear and tear ,clear to be original but very nice marked on the side :thumb up:

jonas

Back