My new Prussian enlisted man Tschako

morel5000

Hi All,

here is my new Shako, looks to be stamped to the Jaeger Battalion 4. Anyone has a suggestion for the first letter?
The inside is a little rough, but I really like the rest. The Feldzeichen is litter longer then on my other M1915. It looks awfuly white on the pictures but it has a nice look in real life.

Hope you like it!

Best regards,
Michel

s34v.jpg

sseide.jpg

sinvi.jpg

smark.jpg

smarkrev.jpg

I would say it is the letter "M"

Magdeburgisches Jäger-Bataillon Nr.4

Here is an example from a Pioneer Regiment.
pb4.jpg

of course I can always be wrong….

Thanks Joe :thumb up: I agree. There are also faint makers mark, size and Bekleidungsambt stamps.

Best regards,
Michel

Argh that Feldzeichen! My shako will never look like one without it :|

Very nice find :bravo:

Regarding the feldzeichen....I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in my opinion it is a reproduction. We have a thread here on the forum where we deal with this issue so please look it up. Original feldzeichen are hand stitched ie the black oval is hand stitched to the white oval and you can always see the thread stitching. Anything else, (reproductions) are simply glued on. For example, on a Prussian feldzeichen, they glue a black cloth oval on to the white cloth covering both front and back. On ALL ORIGINALS we see thread and individual stitches both front and back.

Thanks again, bringer of bad news is never a nice job. I checked and indeed it is glued.
So too bad I'll be in competition with Ron to grab an original one.

Best regards,
Michel

Back