My Post Christmas present to myself

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Those that know me well, know I am partial to Bavarian helmets, so when an good friend called me up right before Christmas and offered me another M1845 Bavarian Cuirassier helmet, I jumped on it. Here are my three M1845's

1) Ludwig wappen marked to 2nd Cuirassier regiment dated 1872

2) Maximilian wappen, no markings

3) Ludwig wappen marked to 1st Cuirassier regiment dated 1871, this is my latest find!

James

Great looking heavy Cavalry helmet, James!

I like the Bavarian helmets of this type as well. They display very nicely in the collections I have seen them in.

Congrats on a great score!

And also, I will be contacting you about those items you sent when I get back home from California in January.

Have a great New Year!

Bryan.

A good looking trio of helmets James. All in surprisingly good condition.

Interesting that they marked them with a "C" using the French spelling as opposed to the "K" that was used by the Prussians. But as we know the Bavarians went out of their way to not be Prussianised.

Those that know me well, know I am partial to Bavarian helmets, so when an good friend called me up right before Christmas and offered me another M1845 Bavarian Cuirassier helmet, I jumped on it. Here are my three M1845's

3) Ludwig wappen marked to 1st Cuirassier regiment dated 1871, this is my latest find!

James

Great, I like Bavarian Cuirassier helmets a lot! I have one, too.

Best wishes,

GardeUlan

Attachments

• 597A5B23-12F3-4D71-B18B-96C778D1639F.jpeg
    597A5B23-12F3-4D71-B18B-96C778D1639F.jpeg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 25
Amazing helme Garde Ulan! Hard to believe that it has survived the ravages of time in this fantastic condition.

Back