My Schutztruppe uniform

RBeck

Hello Everyone..I am asking for confirmation that all is right with this tunic. The thing that struck me is that it has only a 7 button front unlike I see in pictures on the internet. If more pics are needed, please let me know. I sincerely appreciate any expert advice.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1cf.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1cf.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,414
  • fullsizeoutput_1d5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1d5.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2,414
  • fullsizeoutput_1cf.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1cf.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,411
  • uXfi9ADOSx+xTOoBYcwR4Q.jpg
    uXfi9ADOSx+xTOoBYcwR4Q.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2,411
  • I+mHDMBhT4O15cL62rRIEA.jpg
    I+mHDMBhT4O15cL62rRIEA.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,413
back

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpeg
    IMG_0388.jpeg
    775.2 KB · Views: 2,405
  • h1qtgboPRu+pEwuRSO8aXQ.jpg
    h1qtgboPRu+pEwuRSO8aXQ.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2,405
Can you figure out how tall the man would have been who wore this uniform? I've found in dealing with American Civil War uniforms that the button count isn't always as per regulations. Sometimes the guy was too short for the full count. I'd like to know if you can authenticate this uniform, as I'm very interested in the overseas units. Good luck.

Well, in my opinion, I see no other warning flags, but I confess, I'm hardly an expert in the Colonial field. Heres a pic in my collection that shows a 7 button front, but I suspect a button is missing from what appears to be a gap

Attachments

• MSEy4dVdRXyHvEMhSUcMmw.jpg
    MSEy4dVdRXyHvEMhSUcMmw.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,358
5th try - I have been trying to answer you ---- see Jurgen kraus ex curator Bayern Armee Museum Ingolstaft
german kolonial book --pg 294 - (Militaria Verlag bk is for sale on line) for a rock similar to yours but with 8 buttons ,, He states 7 buttons were for Reichs Kol Bund --1930s... send me your email and I'll send the pic ... Randolpho Alte Helm Zimmer

Back