My third Haube and my first helmet of the year!

aterrasse

Dear All,

Here are some pictures of the pieces I got in this morning to add to my (still but not for long!) small collection. What do you think of it??

Please feel free to make all the comments you think fit to make and be honest. The helmet is currently in my hand for a two days' inspection so I can return it if there is anything wrong with it!!

NB. The cockades looks OK to me but I would love to hear your comments. In hand, the Bavarian cockade is larger than the Reich one and also heavier. The inserted blue circle show some cracks in the paint and the white has gone slightly yellowish.

Something else: there is no marking that I can see.

I look forward to hearing from you

Alex

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

my (still but not for long!) small collection

This looks pretty solid to me. Nice job! That collection is growing quickly!

There is a thread on here in the pickelhaube area where Chas ran a contest on spotting the real cockades from photographs. It was very difficult and is well worth looking it up.

Hi

Your Bavarian cockade has been post war repainted or replace. The correct background colour is a dull silver with the light blue inner stripe.

Thanks Joe Semen

I can only echo Joes comments on the colour configuration of original Bavarian kokarden. They should not be white but a dull silver colour with blue ring. This is no big deal however, as so many originals have been lost over time. This is an excellent helmet as far as I am concerned. Brian

Back