Need a little help

45jack

I’m the new guy, and I signed up for a reason. A dear friend’s husband has gone into a care facility and she has been selling his collection of military stuff. She’s gotten rid of all his Mauser rifles but she came across this jacket and helmet and would like to know what it is and if it has any value.
Thanks.
Jack
4BD4A951-E1D7-4B4D-B6A1-16B30E3B9B60.jpeg

B87F2543-130E-43BC-B26C-AA1B17F5BE31.jpeg

Please do so. Looking at that helmet, we need more pictures, but it looks like it's original, and worth quite a bit of money. These helmets do not come cheap.

Regards, Coert.

That helmet sure looks really awesome James, I fully agree with that. It is a beautiful looking helmet.

where would the items ship from if bought by a member ?
All interested would need to know
Thanks
Steve

Welcome......the tunic and helmet are from the same Regiment and quite rare. 😊Field Artillery Regiment No. 46.

Welcome Jack.

I am very sorry to hear of your friends husbands situation. It is very kind of you to assist them during this very hard time. As stated before the artillery pickelhaube and the waffenrock are to the same regiment. The official title would be the Niedersachsisches Feldartillery Regiment r. 46. The helmet seems to be a private purchase Vulcanfibre helmet that has some officer fittings. The helmet plate (wappen) is one of them. The enlisted mans waffenrock has an NCO lace trim. As you can see there is a moth hole in the front of waffenrock which detracts from the value. We would need better pictures of the both items to give you the best idea of a value. I must say if you could sell these items as a set it would do justice to see them stay together.

John

Back