Need Help! Identification of Uniform

Jvpi

This cabinet card came into my photo collection recently. However I can't yet identify this police officer and his uniform.
Maybe Prussian Exekutivpolizei? And what is his rank? Kommissar or Inspektor? Help is appreciated.

A junior Zoll official. In my opinion a berittener Zoll-Aufseher (mounted customs overseer).

Regards
Glenn
Many thanks Glenn! May I ask what references you use dealing with the uniforms of Grenzaufsehern?
I knew one, "Die Uniformen der Deutschen Reichs-, Post- und Eisenbahnbeamten, der Kgl. Preuss. Polizei usw. um 1900" but not in my library. So I don't know if it's included.

Many thanks Glenn! May I ask what references you use dealing with the uniforms of Grenzaufsehern?
I knew one, "Die Uniformen der Deutschen Reichs-, Post- und Eisenbahnbeamten, der Kgl. Preuss. Polizei usw. um 1900" but not in my library. So I don't know if it's included.
Hi Jv,

zoll uniforms are detailed in the book you mention. I do have several other references regarding the zoll which also illustrate and describe the distinctive collar insignia of this rank. I will list them tomorrow.

Regards
Glenn

Back