Need Help Interpreting a Blinkstation Schulterklappe!

ph0ebus

Hi all,

I am trying to identify what unit a fellow belonged to who appears in a photograph that belonged to my grandfather:

401901_3618546934971_769748023_n.jpg

A close-up, high-resolution scan of the one schulterklappe visible:

295076_3650425971927_1246608037_n.jpg

I have had some folks venture a few guesses but I though I would (a) share the photo here for your enjoyment and (b) see if the folks here had any ideas what unit this guy was with. The photo is undated, but likely dates after 1916 due to the type of signalling equipment pictured, which came out in 1916. The picture is labeled on the back, simply, with 'Unsere Blinkstation'.

At this point, I'll even take wild speculation, if it helps me to figure out anything more about this picture.

:D

Thanks all!

-Daniel

Drake: you're quite welcome! I was guided to that page by a kind fellow over in the Feldgrau forum.

Joe, no, that's a new one to me...do you know who that is? If you have a name I can look him up in the Unit History, if you haven't already...

So, any takers? In my opinion, it looks like a three digit number...perhaps 187?

Daniel

ph0ebus said:
So, any takers? In my opinion, it looks like a three digit number...perhaps 187?

It certainly looks like a three digit number to me too, but I can't discern those numbers.

- Brett

Back