Neumann catalog

joerookery

I received my third catalog today, and it seems to be the best of all.
neumanncatalog.jpg
We have a football game tonight so I won't get to it in great detail. However, there is a lot of detail about one year volunteer helmets and types of private purchase helmets. For instance, this details the buying of private purchase helmets with leather issue type liners. It also goes into the conversion of the helmets from Fähnrich or one year volunteer to officer rank. There are two pages of this for instance, in the curassiers helmets.
oyvcurr.jpg
Thanks to Bill for bird dogging this one for me. And yes I know I have to update several articles. However, tonight, it is go Ro-Hawks!

Chas,
based on the helmet you showed I thought you would appreciate this -- fascinating book -- no date but obviously just prior to the war.
srewoffspike.jpg

Joe, Have you thought of getting this copied and selling copies? I would gladly buy one. The officer-only stores simply do not cover the areas I am interested in, like the private purchase helmets. Tony

Thanks guys, but I don't think three to five copies will cover the cost of publishing! However, I have thought of seeking a publisher for a combination of military effects catalogs. The DOV catalog has already been reproduced. I don't think that there are any copies of Mueller, or Neumann running about. Perhaps I will do a book with a short intro and photocopies of those catalogs. It would appeal to a much larger audience. As these catalogs include a bunch of horse stuff swords daggers, briefcases, clothes, uniforms and some medals and pistols. I'll give this some thought. Texas A&M University press, would not be interested in that topic.

It's a busy day today, and I'm trying to list some extra stuff I have on eBay, but I read a little bit more in the manual. It makes sense that the primary customer was officers. However, it is a obvious that the private purchase noncommissioned market was very large to this dealer. He also seems to have made helmets and three qualities. Quality one, quality two, and featherlight with featherlight being the most expensive. So many different makers we really need to work on the list that Kaiser Bill started. Just another to do project to add to my list!

Back