Never seen one like this before

Pontiac9999

I know they have cloth covered felt haubes, but this is one looks suspect, and it sold for a FORTUNE!

The seller always sells pickelhaube labelled as original, even though some are fake. No surprise the seller is from the UK...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WW1-GERMAN-CLOTH-BADEN-ERSATZ-PICKELHAUBE-HELMET-/272079935397?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=58BRn7LVi15m7QEIFvU0M3CBJYc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mega fake thing with something that looks like a "crotch net" cover or so :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Adler

RECORDS SHOW 20,000 OF THESE SO CALL CLOTH ERSATZ PICKELHAUBE WERE ORDERED,

I wonder what the source of this was. I never seen it. Other types yes but this?

On the other hand considering that it is Christmas season for Christians this is a very stylish material. You really have to like the leather edging. Real quality.

The metal has been beautifully aged though. Or is it a parts helmet with a fake shell and honest metal trim?

I almost respect a well-aged fake. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy one, but I can't help but admire a well-aged fake when you compare it to some of the amateur efforts out there. Thatmetal looks legit, and the leather inside looks the real deal to me. It's just that ridiculous cheesecloth that's standing out like dog's bollocks.

Back