New book on latin american helmets, including pickelhaube

polihelmet

Hi all, after some time I am able to announce that a new book on helmets is coming, with some very nice features! Included a lto of info on latin american pickelhauben.
First of all is written and developed by Yves Plasseraud, author of Casques de combat 3 tomes.
Second is about latin american helmets! and for is my favourite subject of collecting.
Also the, as happended with Casques.., some chapters are written by local collectors, Krapovicas, Jara, and myself,etc I also worked on some early ideas of the design.
The chapters I was able to see are just great, with a lot of new info, pictures and very amusing.
Yves made also a lot of travelling for those countries visiting authors, museums and recollecting info on the subject, take this as an early publicity of the book, but as being material for a very reduced field of interest, I dont have to tell that is not a book that anyone is making money out of it, is much a heart effort from the passion of Yves and the people who love helmet collecting!
The book will be edited in french with a spanish and english summary, and it will be printed in the US by editor ( also colaborator ) Richard Graham.
I am very proud of the few helps that I made for such a big work, and is now ready to be printed and will be aviable in a short period, I still dont know exactly the cost and how is going to be sold, but this is just a early warning for people who is interested in the book.
As far as I know is a work with some 5 years behind!
Hope you are as happy as I am!
If anyone is interested , please send me a mail to: [email protected]
Just that!
POLI

Congratulations Poli. We can all use another helmet reference book especially one that provides information on the Latin American helmets!

Back