New here! Second helmet purchase

weirdpyramid

New to all this and just getting started. Just wanted to post my second helmet purchase. Couldn't find a whole lot of other pictures of this helmet anywhere nor a lot of clear information. I have a little bit of a idea what i have here but if anyone could just spit me out some facts about it i would really appreciate it! thanks!! check out the pics below.

Check out this thread posted in the discussion section "Garde Mannschaften M1891/1895 Pickelhaube" this should help.

I realize you probably put the helmet on the wig head for photographic purposes, but if you're displaying your helmets on the heads, take them off... NOW! Styrofoam is poison to helmets.

As long as you support the dome somehow in order to keep weight off of the 'visors' you'll be doing fine.

Nice helmet by the way.

:D Ron

Nice find, I bid heavy on that one on Ebay, but sadly took second, glad it has a new home of a forum member.

James

J.LeBrasseur said:
Nice find, I bid heavy on that one on Ebay, but sadly took second, glad it has a new home of a forum member.

James

Hey Slim
Two positives, a new home of a forum member and a home of a new forum member.
Welcome Weird one
Gsu

first pic is very hard to read but i think i figured it out, it reads "B.A. VIII 1914" which i found is Armee-Korps (Coblenz).

this pic is a shot of the inside which reads "helm Becker & Co" and "Elberfeld" with "1914" on the bottom and "55" for the size.

last pic is a shot of the inside of the helmet

Back