new knee

Gustaf

Staff member
hi all
i just got home from the hospital after getting a new knee. i had the surgery on friday, the first day was not too bad as the anistesia helped me thtough. i do not handle narcotics well, and they really do little for the pain, but i am taking them anyway, as they come in a pretty bottle.
now comes the hard part, paying fot it. there were some hints at the hospital that it might be sustantially more than we anticipated,but we will burn that bridge when we get to it.
best gus

Couldn't you lend them your ambulance for a while to cover some of the expenses? :)

I wish you a speedy recovery Gus!

Gus,

All the best !
(I need some spare parts myself after 32 years in the Army)
:greentank:
Rgds,
Francis

My prayers are out there for Maggie as she will have to put up with you!

Get well soon

James and Lori

Sell one of your kidneys. You have two of them. You will just have to urinate more frequently. There was a report on TV that the leading Export of one small country was kidneys. I will be happy to see your new knee. That way you will stop complaining about it. It will also be nice to see Maggie – she is nice and deserves a break. As I am on day three of life without a wife you can understand my grumpy mood – and the market is down 300 points.

J.LeBrasseur said:
My prayers are out there for Maggie as she will have to put up with you!

Get well soon

James and Lori
maggie is doing a great job!

I have been off the narcotics for over a week, Those of you who thought I was crazy normally, should have been here. I realize that there is a lot crazier than me, I will try to do better in the future. Advill really does not do much for the pain, but it comes in a pretty bottle.
I was not sure if I was going to recover in time for SOS, but it is looking better now.
Thanks for all the well wishes.
Best
Gsu

Best wishes to you, Gus, on a quick and full recovery. I hope everything goes well for you in your healing process & adjustment to the new knee.

All the Best,

Alan

Jerry Rehr said:
Could not think of anything cleaver to say just wondering how the new part is doing now.
Hope it works well.
Jerry
Just read this thread Gus and am wondering the same thing. It has been about 8 months now and you should know how it is going to turn out.
Hope the prognosis is good! :thumb up:
Ralph.

Hey All,
Thanks for the well wishes, the knee is doing great, I actually was able to run yesterday, I had been having difficulties doing that, not because the knee was a problem, but because I had not been able to run for the past 30 years. When you watch an infant trying to run, you can think of me, as I had to relearn something that one would think would be natural. I am still having problems from the side effects of the drugs (that I have not used for 6 months now) and vision and concentration is still a bit foggy. Those of you who have met me personally, know that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, so any loss of cognative abilities is critical for me. I have not participated on the webernet much as I have been worried about being a bigger a-hole than normal, but I think I am gitting over that (not being a bigger a-hole than normal, just getting over worrying about it)
Best
Gus

Back