New Mauser in the collection

gunner cooper said:
Wow! I would love one of those beauties is it a firer? Seeing as you are allowed them over there?.
This weapon is deactivated by Idaho standards, meaning there are no rounds in the chamber or magazine (in this case there is no magazine). A few years ago when I was asked to do a presentation at a local school, I reminded the principal that I would be showing rifles, pistols, bayonets, trench knives and grenades. He told me that would be fine, but that he preferred that they not be loaded.

J.LeBrasseur said:
Congrats and more pics please!

James
Closer shot

It has a bipod off an MG'08/15, so that give me an excuse to get one and then I will have to find the correct bipod too:)

outstanding Gus,
a beautiful example of a very rare Mauser.
I don't envy you having to carry it while varmint hunting around the farm ;-)

Andy

MG34NZ said:
outstanding Gus,
a beautiful example of a very rare Mauser.
I don't envy you having to carry it while varmint hunting around the farm ;-)

Andy
I do not carry this rifle any more than necessary. it only weighs about 40 pound but it is bulky enough that it is difficult to get a good hold of it. Not really that rare, but it is the nicest of the three in the neighbourhood:)

Fantastic rifle. It is interesting that the German solution in late WWI was to just oversize a regular rifle, but it worked!

How expensive are the rounds?

Peter_Suciu said:
How expensive are the rounds?

That is what is so great about this rifle, the rounds are free! Actually, James is a fault for bankrupting me, he gave me a round for this rifle a few years ago, and Maggie told me "You are not getting a T-Gewehr!" But every one knows that if you have ammo, you have to get the gun:)

Back