New Mauser in the collection

Louise said:
Great stuff Gus, I did not even know these existed. :oops:

That is the biggest problem with the webrnet, you can learn about things that you can not live with out that you never knew existed before. I can not blame the webernet for this though. I first saw a Mauser T-Gewehr at an American Legion hall when I was a teenager and have wanted one since.

that makes two, but finding these is an other matter
i think its easyer to find a mg than these guys
i wonder how many of these 'little boys' were ever made
i would be thrilled to find one like it
when i look at this one ,im drooling =P~

jonas

That'll make a great squirrel gun Gus, get your Davy Crockett coon skin hat on and go get them little varmints! Congrats!

Hey Jonas,
There were somewhere between 15 and 20 thousand of these made, most like the one I have but they made a shorter version and one with a magazine. I think every VFW Hall had one at one time and I think most of them made their way into government museums in 1968 when they were put on the same list as machine guns. They do not really make a goo varmint gun as ammo is very expensive and this sucker is 10 times heavier than it weighs.

Congratulations Gus, that's a fantastic find! :bravo:

I heard a figure on what an original single round supposedly sells for, and it took my breath away!

Yes, these are heavy indeed. I remember carrying the one at my old museum job, when I moved it to a new display room in a different building. It was donated by a local American Legion back in the 1930's, and still has the bipod.

Best Regards,

Alan

Wow Gus! That thing is awesome! Congratulations on a super rare find. That's been a gun on my bucket list for many years as well.

Semper Fi,

Bryan.

I have had a few people tell me that the bipod is wrong and that it is for an MG 08/15. This is true, but most period photos show the rifle with the 08/15 bipod. I did find a correct bipod, and you really should have a rifle to display the bipod.

Absolutely Fantastic Gus, Congratulations! =D> :bravo:

And a wonderful looking display you've made as well!

Best Regards,

Alan

nice toys you got there
would love to have one like those two in the front
nice display if the missus had her hand in it :D

jonas

Congrats on the bipod Gus. Hard to believe that someone out there had one to sell. :thumb up:

b.loree said:
Congrats on the bipod Gus. Hard to believe that someone out there had one to sell. :thumb up:
Did you even notice that there were two T-Geweher in the photo? Jeez

Nope....as you are aware, I know relatively nothing about guns. This proves it! A belated congratulations then, on having 2 in your collection.

OK, I never said I bought it, I posted this photo on gunboards and instantly received a ton a hate mail because it looks like I have two when a lot of people don't have one. Actually, I know where there is a very nice T-Gewehr bipod for sale, but James would kill me if I spent any more money on my self. The rifle in the front belongs to a neighbor, it turns out that everyone who collects guns in the area already has a T-Gewehr, as well as a Lewis and a Gatling gun or two. I am pretty low on the totem pole. Heck, I don't even have a Webly-Fosbery.

Back