New member from Canada

Steve Nick

I'd like to introduce myself to the members of this forum.

I've been collecting since the late 60's. Primarily headgear of the German Army from 1871 to 1945 but as with most collectors I've been diverted by edged weapons, medals etc. My focus for most of these years was Imperial Germany and had about 60 pickelhaubes at one point. A few years ago I decided to downsize and now have about 20 Pickelhaubes and Stalhelms some of which require some restoration or the correct parts.

I also research the Canadian Expeditionary Force in The Great War and published a history of the 21st Battalion C.E.F. back in 2008. Now working on the history of the 5th Battalion (Western Cavalry) C.E.F.

Looking forward to interacting with some of the members of this forum and benefiting from the expertise that's evident by reading some of the post here.

Cheers:

Steve

Great to have you with us now Steve! Please share some photos of your collection with us when time permits.

Great to have you here Steve! =D>

You'll have to post that 10th Pioneer Battalion helmet on here that you have.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Hello Steve,
Welcome to the group. I am in Milton, Ontario. Use to live in Oshawa.
Cheers,
Cliff

If memory serves Cliff, it has been awhile since you last posted. Great to have you back with us.

cliffn said:
Hello Steve,
Welcome to the group. I am in Milton, Ontario. Use to live in Oshawa.
Cheers,
Cliff

Cliff:

My first job was out of school was just down the road in Whitby.

To everyone else:

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Hello Steve ;
You have been collecting about as long as I have .
I started Imperial German about 1970 .
Steve McFarland

KAGGR#1 said:
Hello Steve ;
You have been collecting about as long as I have .
I started Imperial German about 1970 .
Steve McFarland

You probably have a couple of years on me. I started when I was still in high-school about 1972 or so.

Back