New Member from Ontario, Canada

Jeff B.

Hello there!

Im a big history buff who has just recently inherited an Imperial German rifle from my Grandfather, a 1915 Gewehr 98 (Spandau). My main collecting interests centre around antique farm tractors, however I have been fascinated by antique military equipment from a young age, especially headgear. With one piece of Imperial Germany in my "collection", I would like to expand!

I have very little knowledge regarding pickelhaube's, (other than some brief reading done on this forum and kaiserbunker) so I'm looking to learn as much as I can.

Hopefully, I can pick up a thing or two, make some connections and maybe one day own my very own pickelhaube! Great Site by the way! You appear to be a very knowledgeable, and very respectful group.

Welcome to this great Forum !!!

Regards,

Francis
"Belgian Branch"
AKA "The Wild Bunch"
:army:
(We control all "Hauben-Traffic")
:cool:

Welcome to the forum, there are a few Canadians here, but they are not very active and mostly only talk about beer and brag about how much better their money is. We also have a couple of French Canadiens here too, but they only talk about beer and how much better their big ball of twine is.
Looking forward to your participation.
Best
Gus

Welcome to the best forum in the world where I'm afraid you will soon catch the haube virus like I did when I first joined with virtually no knowledge of Imperial German militaria and more money in my bank account...

Most of our Southern neighbors here are friendlies and cope well with the rest of us except for this notorious fellow whose initials are the same as Great Britain's :D He collects grenades that he sometimes tries to smuggle up to our Great White North and walks around wearing German WW1 armor... Make sure to duck when you spot his truck!! :greentank:

My favorite is an Austrian white beer, there are two brewers in the US that make a white beer, but one puts coriander flavour in theirs and the other puts fake lemon in theirs, neither is fit to flush a toilet after they have been contaminated.
What did I tell you Jeff? The only time we have any participation from the Canadians is to talk about beer, I hope you have more to offer.
Best
Gsu

I don't know anything about tractors – but I know something about beer. Welcome! Beware of your customs organization. They don't like books.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Now I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with the "non-Canadian" members, but.......... I happen to love beer. As a matter of fact its Friday, and we all know what that means!

Thanks again -Jeff

Hey Jeff,
The great thing about Canadians is that it is easy to get them talking about beer and then slip off and buy up all the good deals, this is what James does at SOS. He also sticks my cane in Joe's wheel chair spokes, stopping both of us from being any competition.
There is a lot of knowledge here, and great people too.
Best
Gus

Yeah, I get a bit of flack because I managed to sneak a gas hood out of your part of the world, I am better at smuggling things from Canada than I am into. Come to think of it, that grenade is still in BC so I was partly successful.

Back