Good to see and hear from a new member .
I understand from the posts that Brian has
done on your behalf that you have been collecting
for a long time .
Would I maybe know you ?
I started collecting spiked helmet about 1970 .
I knew or know a few of the "old timers "
Steve McFarland
Memphis , TN.

Great to have you with us AHZ. This is your first post, and a successful one, it gets far easier, the more you do it so post away. I will take care of the picture issue. :thumb up:

Welcome here,AHZ. Keep on trying,it will work,I'm also very bad with computers,but still managed it..I saw your story in Collectors stories,boy,to get a GdC helmet for free, [-o< Sometimes I wished I was a bit older than the 51 I am now,but only for finding nice helmets for ridiculously good prices,compared to now.Greetings from the Netherlands! Coert. :thumb up:

Coert ;
The Netherlands ;
In 2006 my wife and I visited Haus Doorn .
What a treat
Have you been there ?
Steve

Steve,I visited Huis Doorn,indeed a special place. What a nice collection there,also noticed the uniforms of the Kaiser,with the smaller left arm sleeves. Moving little mausoleum,in the garden.I also visited the castle of Amerongen,where the Crown-prince lived for a short while,prior to moving to Texel. Greetings,Coert.

coert ;

You wrote ;
also visited the castle of Amerongen,where the Crown-prince lived

I did not get to see that
I did not even know about it
I wish I had known
I do have a dress hat that belonged to the Crown Prince Wilhelm

In the 1980's collector friends of mine went to Haus Doorn
back then a lot of the Kaiser's military items were on display
they took photos and made me an extra set .
In 2006 there was very little military still on display .
I never saw the upstairs closet with the Kaiser's uniforms .
They told me it was closed
Steve

https://www.google.nl/search?q=Huis+Doorn&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=944&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl5-zTxq3QAhUEtxoKHWv7D7EQsAQIVg&dpr=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There you go Steve,lots of pictures of Huis Doorn,and the collection there,it's really great!Not many pics of the military items there,but so be it.(click on the pictures and they will become larger) I'm sorry you missed the upstairs bit,but its true,they were renovating something,or reorganizing.Also you see pictures of castle Amerongen,wich is also nice to visit.If you are in Holland one day,look me up,and we could visit it again! :)

Back