New Pick

Dragon

Hi to all. I know I should have consulted the board before buying but I had no time. So this the helmet I picked up, described as: PRUSSIAN GUARDS PICKELHAUBE AND POSSIBLY BELONGED TO EITHER THE 2nd OR 3rd BATTALIONS

pick031b1wm.jpg

pick49bs.jpg

pickaa1b1ps.jpg

pickce1b9lf.jpg

What year model is it? (don't laugh in the back please ! ;-) Comments please!

I know that the spike has been replaced but the helmet seems neat to me, as long as Joe doesnt discover other defects.

Thanks

BELONGED TO EITHER THE 2nd OR 3rd BATTALIONS
but this makes no sense. Of which Regiment? Yes, the spike has been replaced, but can you show us any markings inside the helmet?

I finally received the helmet, looks ok to me. The liner is good and there are no markings. The only problem is that the small eagle star plate on the wappen is apart. The fixation on the wappen is there but someone tried to solder the star and evidently didn't work...

Is there a pic somewhere on a site or a link over here that shows the fixation of the star? It would help me... thanks!

I think Weitze has a couple of plates where you can see the rear view. that'll give you an idea. They're maybe the split brad/prong type, not the mini-loops and leather wedge, I cant recall.

Back