Newcomer and happy new year!

We now have 4,991 registered members, thus almost 5,000. I am Canadian and we use the metric system, there are 1,000 metres in a kilometre and we use the slang term 5 K for 5,000 at least I do. If you are a runner you would say… I ran 5 K today.

If I could just get everyone to buy me a Bier and lend me 10 bucks, I'd have a one great weekend ;)

Only kidding of couse, 5000 members that's a nice milestone. (y)
It is John, but only a handful of members donate to forum costs. Brian pays for this forum out of generosity. So if you enjoy it here, help him out with a Forum donation. Very nice to see you back Pierrick with your wonderful collection.

It is John, but only a handful of members donate to forum costs. Brian pays for this forum out of generosity. So if you enjoy it here, help him out with a Forum donation.

Hi Tony, I totally agree Brian is fantastic guy and from my experience quite the gentleman in the way he treats people with respect and talks to others here.

I'm still quite new to the forum but so far, I've had nothing but great experiences and have met some really wonderful people. I've always felt quite isolated in my love for Militaria because of my distaste for social media but have found here a great family of likeminded folks.

Sadly, the collecting of Militaria for some unknown reason can also attract some real pompous twits, which I'm happy to say isn't the case here. 🙏

Getting back to Bryan, I'm very happy that he has agreed to take on the commission of repairing a piece from my collection that has been in dire need for some time. He has it in hand, and I have total confidence in his ability.

I also plan on making a contribution to him to help offset the personal cost he has assumed on our behalf to keep this fine forum running and would hope all members would do the same.

Just think if all 5000 members bought him a Bier and gave him 10 bucks. :unsure: (y)mfg John Josef

Last edited:
Back