Not Exactly Pickelhaubes.

newbe

Peter,

Not Exactly Pickelhaubes.
I would greatly appreciate your comments on the two attached pieces. Are they authentic? Any information on their age and history?

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

DSC01240.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01247.jpg

DSC01248.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

DSC01252.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

Wow, I have no expertise on these other than to say they are definately British and my first reaction..... George III American Revolution if that is at all possible and if they are original. G R stands for George Rex ( King George). They strike me as being British grenadier mitred helmets from two different units. The green piece has the white horse of Hanover stitched to it which makes sense as the "Georges" (Kings of Britain) were Germans from Hanover originally. They employed units raised from their lands in Germany for example The Kings Legion from Hanover fought for the Brits in the Napoleonic wars. Consequently, the Kaiser awarded these regiments with special battle honours on their pickelhaube helmet plates "Waterloo" for example. This is the best that I can do...hope this helps. I am sure that otheres on the forum will be able to provide much more information. Regards, Brian

In the immortal words of Ben, the prisoner who was only turned the right way up yesterday in Life of Brian: "You lucky, lucky bastard".

Fantastic diversion from the norm. Many thanks for postin'.

- Brett

Back