Numero 5-Oh!

Lost Skeleton

During my recent visit to Fredericton, Peter asked me how many helmets I owned. My answer was thirty or thirty-five. This estimate proved to be way off. I performed a hat check the other day, and was stunned to count fifty.

Number fifty-one is en route, and James has guessed what it is. However, for the moment, it is with great pride I present to you.....drum roll.....

KICX0745.jpg

Chas.

Chas- very nice find!!

It is amazing how they add up, I was amazed last year when I counted around 100 Spikes. I know My wife was even more stunned......

Again, congrats on this beauty and the next one is the one I love!

James

Silly Boys, It is not wise to count your toys in front of the wife, but on the other hand, WOW!
Gus

And you are lucky. I love M67s as they are directly connected with the Franco-Preußen war. My finger wavered over that button. How did you take that superb photo?

I am a piker. 30. Kaiser Bill has 12. I have violated some rules in not getting rid of some as I upgrade. So I will take several to SOS My hopes of the 109th seem to be fading.... :twisted: :twisted:

Tony & Kaiser said:
How did you take that superb photo?
Hi Tony:

Thank you for the compliment. I used a Photek Digital LightHouse outdoors with a black blackground sweep. Everything was placed on Donna's ironing board for adjustable height, and the camera ISO set to 320 with a shutter speed of 1/90 second.

Here's one to make Joe misty-eyed (just disregard the tarnish), accompanied by the secret of my little studio. The sweep is held in place with velcro and the lighthouse can be positioned horizontally as well. I chose to use the black background, but the Photek also comes with a white sweep.

KICX0752.jpg

KICX0750.jpg

Chas.

INSANE. You have all lost your minds. No, check that. I'm losing mine. Jealousy is a terrible thing. :eek:

Great find, great shot, Chas.

David

Fantastic helmets and fantastic photos. Do you shoot with film or digitally?
I can only get my photos to look decent after the magic of Photoshop!

Great photos! And 50 spikes! Wow. And 100+ from others. I could never be so focused. But I'm at about 160 helmets total. That's small to some of the hard core helmet guys!

Hi Peter:

Though I prefer to shoot with film, these pictures are digital. It is simply more cost effective, and the results are immediate and easier to share.

The principle benefits of the tent are its ability to diffuse sunlight, render colors accurately, and provide even shading. I'm constantly experimenting with different techniques, but have yet to achieve consistent results with uniforms.

Tony has been a source of considerable inspiration to me through his own brilliant digital photography.

Chas.

I am going to have to get me one of the lighthouses!!!

I don't care about the lighthouse but I got to have a 109th..... Ah but #3 going to college....sorority fees....new computer.....dorm room....whine whine whine.....just a 109th .... well Chas' 94th or a 115th...... 7 cruises this year..... If it wasn't 745AM I'd have a beer.

joerookery said:
I whine whine whine..... If it wasn't 745AM I'd have a beer.
Joe, are you sick, I thought I would never hear you decline a bear!
Gus

I thought as much, Joe. I do remember you already have a IR 94 Mannschaften.

Here's a final shot showing just how "gewölbt" the star is.

KICX0761.jpg

Chas.

Back