Officer tschapka 14 Uhlan - Germany 1900

ipcf92

Good evening gentlemen, one of you can it answer to this :
I am about to buy a tschapka of officer of the 14 uhlans. The plate is not pressed of only one part and the WATERLOO ...stringcourse is fixed at the eagle by fine weldings with tin.
Did you already meet such a manufacture ?
Thank's - ipcf92 Bertrand
Maxime thinks it's good

Hello! On private-purchase Wappen with Bandeau, the Bandeau is a separate piece that is soldered onto the helmet plate itself. Usually, (but not always!) on issued helmets, the Bandeau is part of the stamping.

FR73d.jpg

Hello Ipcf92!

If I am not mistaken you have just acquired that helmet from Ebay.

It looks like a very nice helmet but I am not completely sure sure about the wappen. The reason I say this that the on the bottom bandeau the left side does not look like it fits well and on the right side by Fernandez the soder is showing on the bandeau and wappen. Officers helmets usually did not have very sloppy workmanship. I would suggest you take a photo of the back and front of the wappen, just like Tony's so we can examine it a bit more.

Thanks,

John

Hello Ipcf92: Here are images of a front plate from a 14th Ulan Reserve Officer Front plate. The bandeau is two pieces that were soldered to the back of the plate. The sections of the bandeau were soldered on before
the front plate was silvered. I hope this helps

Reservist1

14ula7ol.jpg

14ulb8ew.jpg

Back