Oldenburg helmet - Real or fake?

morel5000

Hi Guys,

seen this for sale and wanting to maybe acquire it. R in the stamp OJR91 looks odd however that could be my paranoia. Chin-scales and cockades are replaced.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Michel

ojr32.jpg

ojr5.jpg

ojrb.jpg

Looks good to me. The marking looks genuine too; regimental markings inside the shell, on this side of the spike, are frequently found on Oldenburg helmets. You should show a closer picture of the whole marking though.
Bruno

Thanks. How common are these? I want to extend my small collection with "reasonably priced haubes". So I am always on the lookout but also very contamplating as funds are not always approved by the rest of the family :twisted: What should be a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks,
Michel

morel5000 said:
Thanks. How common are these? I want to extend my small collection with "reasonably priced haubes". So I am always on the lookout but also very contamplating as funds are not always approved by the rest of the family :twisted: What should be a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks,
Michel

Go ahead and get it - you'd just blow the money on shoes for the kids.... :)

Maybe easier to state the asking price, then get a 'good' or 'bad' from folks.
Price is subjective in many ways.

:D Ron

Here we go !

I may be naive but why are prices so taboo? :?

As relatively new on the market I find it quite difficult to benchmark prices.

We are collectors and therefore more buyers than sellers. Our interest is to keep prices at a level where we are comfortable buying.
Collecting nice pieces is also investing, but for the long term. Most of us are not looking for making a profit overnight.

Disclosing prices may damper speculation and high prices that are hurting us and is fueling the market for fake -

So why are prices so taboo? :?

There is no taboo, it is just like Ron said; "subjective in so many ways"!
When knowing what it is a quick research can give you a idea about the price of a item.
Some fora I am on, explicit mention no values or prices will be given, only identification and a good or fake debat can be expected.
cheers
|<ris

Our friend Jim Turinetti, in his 2013 price guide indicates for IR91 EM/NCO helmets a range of $ 850 - $ 2900.

stuka f said:
That is "ballpark estimate" !!
:D
|<

This is not an estimate, Stuka, but the actual price range he has recorded. He mentions a mean of $ 1500,00. He does not give the n value though, neither the standard deviation.

Maybe easier to state the asking price, then get a 'good' or 'bad' from folks.
Price is subjective in many ways.

700 euro + Shipping.

I first want a discussion on good or bad than on price. As that is the most interesting. Also If you first say it's for sale it happens that items which are for sale a long time suddenly are bought. No problem, I just got a little bit more careful.

When knowing what it is a quick research can give you a idea about the price of a item.

I usually do, but those are almost dealer prices. I come from the medal collecting corner and I know some pieces are "blown up" in price however they aren't rare and aren't high quality. That's why I ask on a forum, as people are more realistic in what to pay.

Thanks,
Michel

This is a great price by all means Michel; almost a bargain if you ask me so if you think everything is OK with this one, like it seems it is, then go for it! :greentank:

maybe You could tell how much the seller wants for this very helmet? It may be easier for other members to say if they think the price is OK or too high?

maybe You could tell how much the seller wants for this very helmet? It may be easier for other members to say if they think the price is OK or too high?
I just did, so I don't understand your post?

This is a great price by all means Michel; almost a bargain if you ask me so if you think everything is OK with this one, like it seems it is, then go for it! :greentank:

Thanks I'll check if it still there!

Best regards,
Michel

Back