Online photo albums of Kaiser Wilhelm II (1888 - 1939)

A fine resource. Unfortunately there does not appear to be the functionality to view the full images at a higher magnification outside the frames. One can only zoom in on a portion of the larger image.

Regards
Glenn

Guys,

has anybody been able to view the wartime albums from 24 May 1917 onwards? I can view the small previews but when one clicks on the preview only a blank white frame appears with no image. I did email them a week or so ago regarding this but received no reply.

Regards
Glenn

I have similar problems with some photos. Don‘t know what‘s wrong, but I would be interested in a solution too 🙏

I did email them a week or so ago
Thanks Glenn,
I thought about doing that but didn't, so very nice that you did :)
Maybe they went online without having all the high-resolution scans in place, and just forgot to mention that this is a work in progress?
Regards,
Lars

Hi Lars and Sandy,

well I have tried again today with a follow-up email. Perhaps they will leap into action!

Regards
Glenn

Thank you Glenn. Unfortunately, there are other photos that still don't work. So I wrote an email asking if the solution for your album can be applied to all photos as a precautionary measure or if each photo needs to be identified and requested individually.

Does anyone know how to order pictures from the new Doorn online archive? It seems not possible for me to license any images outside Netherland.

I have seen a photo or 2 that have come from there
but it has been a while ago .
Steve
Hi Steve, indeed, I licensed a number of photos from them before they launched the new website. It was a very bad system but at least works. Now it become impossible.

I only made screenshots for myself and saved them for my personal use. But I didn’t asked them to license them. Unfortunately I got no response for the photos that don‘t work.

Back