Only $74

joerookery

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360272949204&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_989wt_1139

HA! Thats funny Joe I came across that auction too, and I was scratching my head :???: Its like well... their brand new, not rare, cost 5 cents to make, and their made in TAIWAN!!! Who the hell in their right mind would drop 75 bucks on those!?

Yes but it has this USP going for it:
"The container has a wide mouth with a plastic snap-close lid, so it's easy to empty (and also easy to fill back up)".

And he also say's:

".....but Brit soldiers will come out in brown".

That seems appropriate, somehow?

:D

You guys are purists! You must like these original artifacts like this one. I however preferred the orange ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250654688826&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

MadMax13 said:
HA! Thats funny Joe I came across that auction too, and I was scratching my head :???: Its like well... their brand new, not rare, cost 5 cents to make, and their made in TAIWAN!!! Who the hell in their right mind would drop 75 bucks on those!?

Actually, the thing is... no one sells these damn things anymore. War toys and military playsets are far and few between. I paid $100+ for a Zulu playset... although that did come with part of a building, a book, a VHS of the movie ZULU and a replica Victoria Cross.

In truth the Somme playset is probably more of a $40 item, but if you want to paint plastic figures there just aren't any good WWI ones. I finally have room for a nice table for miniatures, but I hate the lead features because the soldiers look so dumpy. The plastic figures actually have better details, unless you get the really high quality lead stuff.

Thanks Peter...I guess we all got a bit of an education on this one. I will para phrase...one mans trash is another mans treasure. Those of us who are over 50 are finding that the stuff we played with as kids or even bought for our own kids is suddenly a collectable. B

Agh there alot of good WW1 figures out in lead.Just research ,more companies are starting to get good artists in.
mark

Back