Opinions Needed! Side Cap for Leib-Gendarmerie

Did you bid or win the outfit that belonged to George Gaadt in the auction the other day ?
George put a lot of effort to place that outfit together
Hello Steve,
Do you mean the uniform set auctioned in Ratisbon? I did not know it was from George Gaadt's collection. Both Leib-Gendarmerie and GdC are very complete, for some time I did think they formerly belonged to him. I tried to bid on them... Do you know where George Gaadt's other collections went?

Hello Steve,
Do you mean the uniform set auctioned in Ratisbon? I did not know it was from George Gaadt's collection. Both Leib-Gendarmerie and GdC are very complete, for some time I did think they formerly belonged to him. I tried to bid on them... Do you know where George Gaadt's other collections went?
Jvpi,

I believe the Ratisbon Auction is what was left of his GdC & Leib Gendarmerie collection.

Dennis

Hello Steve,
George had been selling parts of his collection over the years
I think what you saw was pretty much of what he had Imperial German wise
I agree with what Dennis wrote
Steve

Hello Steve,
The other photos that I posted of George's collection
when he passed away were several years older
he did not have that large of a collection when he passed away
Steve

Dennis,
Thank you for the title. It turns out I have the book but not with me at the moment. I knew I had seen this picture somewhere. It's really a great book of photo references. I hope the authors will publish other volumes of infantry/light cavalry etc soon.
The authors that I know, Brackmann/Schmelzer, have been working on a new volume about the „Hussars“ for years. Lt. Hermann Schmelzer announced that the book should finally be published for Christmas!
Frankj

The authors that I know, Brackmann/Schmelzer, have been working on a new volume about the „Hussars“ for years. Lt. Hermann Schmelzer announced that the book should finally be published for Christmas!
Frankj
(y)Thomas told me the same, looking forward to seeing the book this year.
I bought a number of nice photos from Thomas, I will probably see many of them published in their book.

Frankj
They diid 1 book so far , correct ?
Steve

I would like to take this opportunity to present my uniform to the Leib Gendarmerie. Unfortunately, I don't have the right helmet. But I won't afford an original helmet. The price is simply too high. And I don't want a copy. I'd rather show him with the peaked cap . Because this is original. I think you can live with it.

Attachments

• DSCN4077.JPG
    DSCN4077.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCN4071.JPG
    DSCN4071.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • DSCN4072.JPG
    DSCN4072.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4073.JPG
    DSCN4073.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCN4074.JPG
    DSCN4074.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
  • DSCN4075.JPG
    DSCN4075.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
I would like to take this opportunity to present my uniform to the Leib Gendarmerie. Unfortunately, I don't have the right helmet. But I won't afford an original helmet. The price is simply too high. And I don't want a copy. I'd rather show him with the peaked cap . Because this is original. I think you can live with it.
Super !
Thanks for the photo
The former L G helmet from the collection of the late George Gaadt
just sold at auction the other day .
Steve

Absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing!

Back