"original" Kurr. helm

pointystuff

Getting pretty bold here....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140284382780&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us
Brad

I'll bite, appears to be an original M15 shell, but absolutely everything, spike, liner, eagle, chinscales, Kokarden, EVERYTHING are complete fakes. And poor ones at that.

To help the newbies here (me) can you elaborate on why all these items are fakes? The cockades look to have been re-painted, but the liner looks correct. Chinscales look wrong but I can't put my finger on it. No idea why the spike is wrong.
Please call the class in session....

Here. Just pull up photos of an original M1889, HERE and then open that ebay one, and compare each feature side-by side. Look at the liner, look at the shape of the spike, the shapoe of the eagle, the detail etc. One point, is pre-1915 examples are steel with brass trim or Tombak with silver trim. All silver, means a wartime M15 that is steel with steel trim, that has been polished.

Hi everybody, I too agree that even the helmet shell is wrong,another load of crap about to be 'gobbled up' !. As i write it is already $500 & climbing. I comminicated (i was intigued)with the seller to ask about markings on the helmet, there are none, not even a size # on the underside of the rear lip. I was told it had had a makers mark on a metal tag under the spike mount nuts, but this had been lost ! (how !), this seller is responsible for the helmet in thread "Rare Regt", and has another helmet for sale a steel pickelhaube, which to me due its shape belongs on Oliver Hardy's head than a Prussian solder !!
Steve Lee (ORADOUR)

Back