Original Uniforms in Wear

I traded a wonderful HR11 field gray visor cap earlier this year. It would have gone perfect with the uniform.
Ohhh I'm looking for one of those, yes it would be perfect.. I'm also searching for a nice officer's busby of HR11 to go with the uniform. The original owner was a reserve officer however.

Glad to try out my friend's new imperial navy collection, its another perfect fit! The frock coat belonged to Fregattenkapitän Ludolf Freiherr von Rössing. The Seebataillon uniform and helmet seen in the photo are modern reproductions.
KM01.jpg
KM02.JPG

A forgotten video I made in December 2021, featured a reenactment event we participated in Chatham.
It was just for fun, no historical accuracy at all.

That's awesome! I love the period film vibe you guys managed to capture. Thanks for sharing.

Not all people were short and skinny. Here is a lieutenant colonel who was very plump. You can clearly see that
The food was better with the officers or aristocrats. Just imagine what his horse had to do. In an attack he was definitely not at the front.

Attachments

• DSCN3942.JPG
    DSCN3942.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • DSCN3943.JPG
    DSCN3943.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
Not all people were short and skinny. Here is a lieutenant colonel who was very plump. You can clearly see that
The food was better with the officers or aristocrats. Just imagine what his horse had to do. In an attack he was definitely not at the front.
Hello Reiner,

Yes there were indeed some "big-sized" people back in that period. My HR11 Major's uniform you can see in the previous thread of this post is a large-sized one, my friend had to wrap a jacket around his waist to fit that Attila. I have several uniforms in my collection that don't fit me at all, sometimes too big sometimes even smaller than I think. Normally we see Leutnants have the best shape, they become plump as their rank rises up.
Btw your collection is so impressive. I really like the uniform figures, I wish one day all my uniform collections could be complete like that for display. Could you show more photos of your collection? I'd love to see them. I still remember I must say the extremely rare mounted Seebataillon officer's figure in your collection.

Regards,
Jvpi

Last edited:
Some updated impressions from August 2023, again we were at the event in Detling, Kent. I'm quite lucky to have added an original aiguillette to my collection and to this impression, made myself a Flügeladjutant in regimental uniform. My friend as Leutnant of the Reserve-Jäger-Bataillon Nr. 15. We were warmly welcomed with beers by friends from Germany.

Great, glad you found an aiguillette. It may have been the one I was after.
Since it's the only one emerged recently I know of, that's probably the same one. I sold multiple items just to get it. The price was crazy but I wanted it too much at that moment.
Ive not found one that would fit me either. Im not Shultz big….
:oops: You have so many of them, not one would fit? You will find one someday! I have at least 10 tunics that are slightly too large for me. Otherwise there going to be more interesting impressions I could do. 😢

Back