OR's Fangschnur

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
We see lots of these cords in pictures but I have never had the opportunity to examine a set of these first hand. Well I did on a visit to The Bunker years ago but memory has faded. These come from Alan's Garde Tschapka which was sent for a visor restitch. The photos:
FB4A822D-1A0D-42FD-8C77-9497B14B7E98_1_201_a.jpeg

Attachments

• 662B26F9-B257-4684-A036-9A1332C3330B_1_201_a.jpeg
    662B26F9-B257-4684-A036-9A1332C3330B_1_201_a.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 12
Alan didn't remove the Fangschnur before sending his Tschapka?

Alan that is textbook $800 piece. That needs to get back home safely. T

Alan didn't remove the Fangschnur before sending his Tschapka?

Alan that is textbook $800 piece. That needs to get back home safely. T

Thanks for your posting of this Brian & Tony.

I left it wrapped around the base/neck area of the mortar board as protection for the tschapka while in transit to Brian, and I also wanted to show it to him.

I didn't have Brian ship the tschapka back to me immediately after he finished working on it quite some time ago, because US Customs held a previous repaired helmet in Chicago for approximately 90-days that Brian had worked on for me. It took only 2-days for the helmet to arrive in Chicago last spring time once Brian mailed it, and US Customs kept if for that long of time supposedly due to the back up with US Customs because of Covid, and what I term as "punishment" to all parties because the US/Canadian border had been closed.

I guess I should see about Brian going ahead and mailing the repaired tschapka & the fangschnur back to me. Hopefully US Customs won't screw with this one also and hold it for what seemed like forever with the other one. It wasn't Brian's fault this happened. I've always received helmets back from him within 2-weeks of him mailing them out.

Best Regards,

Alan

I can buy this Fangschnur on our national e-bay, but is it original?
Please check the photo's of it, and give me some feedback on it please guy's. I am not so familiar with these Fangschnur's, but I do have a Tschapka OR which is missing it's fangschnur. It looks fine by me, but then again, I am no expert on these.
Thanks in advance!

Regards, Coert.

Coert I have had quite a few of these, and I have never seen one with short tassels like that, or the strings of the tassels so thick. They are typically long and thin. Just compare it side to side with the Fangschnur in this thread which is a regulation original. The one in that is on offer appears to be new. No age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Covert I have had quite a few of these, and I have never seen one with short tassels like that, or the strings of the tassels so thick. They are typically long and thin. Just compare it side to side with the Fangschnur in this thread which is a regulation original. The one in that is on offer appears to be new. No age.
Thanks Tony, I just compared both, they do not match. So I won't go any further with this one.
Thanks a lot for your opinion about it!

Regards, Coert.

Back