Out of shape and looking for a way to get some exercise.

Yes Peter, that would be so nice if the SOS would be in the summer time. I'd bring my bike and enjoy it there like you.

That's a pretty cool looking motorized bike, member "DoneDoing"

Are you serious Gus, you had a spill? You're o.k., I take it?

Best Wishes,

Alan

To be honest, I am unsure how bad I was hurt in the fall, I picked up a cold at SOS and the doctor took my meth away until the cold passed. I realized that most of the pain I am suffering is from the arthritis and got into my special stash and shot up some meth today, it should kick in soon, and by soon I mean in a couple of weeks. Snow tires would not help much as the road was dry although a bit rutted.

Gus, the best exercise would be the “ gun show dash” dash around every show you attend as quickly as possible while scanning for bargains on the sales tables. The more you buy the more effort it takes to carry, the more exercise you get, it’s a win win situation. Another alternative would be “ Walk the T-Gew”, that beautiful AT rifle must get lonely with only mannequins to talk with in your museum and I’m sure a daily walk would make it happy, at 104 years old I’m sure it would enjoy a regular outing. Walk down to the mail box and back a few times and maybe even wear the panty grabber for good measure? Who says collecting can’t be healthy?
But seriously, for me it’s walking, it’s low impact and getting out and about soothes the soul. If it’s a near death experience I’m after I hop on my bicycle and pedal to the top of our road, 6 km of gradual incline. Why near death? I darn near kills me!🤣

Gus, the best exercise would be the “ gun show dash” dash around every show you attend as quickly as possible while scanning for bargains on the sales tables. The more you buy the more effort it takes to carry, the more exercise you get, it’s a win win situation. Another alternative would be “ Walk the T-Gew”, that beautiful AT rifle must get lonely with only mannequins to talk with in your museum and I’m sure a daily walk would make it happy, at 104 years old I’m sure it would enjoy a regular outing. Walk down to the mail box and back a few times and maybe even wear the panty grabber for good measure? Who says collecting can’t be healthy?
But seriously, for me it’s walking, it’s low impact and getting out and about soothes the soul. If it’s a near death experience I’m after I hop on my bicycle and pedal to the top of our road, 6 km of gradual incline. Why near death? I darn near kills me!🤣
Yeah, a walk t the mail box would be a great idea, it is about a quarter of a mile, and the extra weight of the T-Gewehr would be a good work out.

Attachments

• mail box 2.jpg
    mail box 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 10
A little update on the fitness issue. Shortly after the fall from the bike, the need to lose weight became secondary, I have actually gained a bit of weight preparing for the next few weeks. Shortly after breaking 4 ribs, bruising a hip and shoulder from the fall from the bike (I did not realize I had done this much damage due to the pain being masked by the arthritis) I got a diagnosis of terminal throat cancer, the fist CAT scan also showed a tumor in the brain which was not good. A couple of days later I had an MRI of the brain. The official report was that there was nothing clinically significant in the brain. My doctor said he could have told me that without a scan as did several other "friends". The brain damage, yes, I have brain damage, was probably due to getting kicked in the head in high school by one of the bullies on the football team, but not an issue now. The next step was to find the primary source of the cancer. A PET scan showed that the cancer was limited to the tonsils and lymph glands on one side of my neck. The radiologist assumed the hot spots on left ribs 1-4 were not cancer but probably from trauma as well as the spots on the hip and shoulder. It was at this point my doctor quit telling me that I probably did not break any ribs. A genetic test of the cancer found it is one that can be treated and my status was changed from stage IV to stage I and chemo with radiation was scheduled. I have not wanted to say anything until I knew that the outcome was most likely to be positive, and just finishing the third week of a 8 week treatment, I am sure that I will beat this.
The up side to all this is I have been disabled and at times in a wheelchair due to arthritis, the medications I have been taking for arthritis has a .06% chance of this type of cancer as a side effect. I think the medicos have it wrong and the cancer comes first, caused the arthritis like symptoms and confirmed that I have had the cancer much longer than I have been on the medications after 18 months to two years of treatment, the cancer will show up. My oncologist told me that I have had the cancer much longer than I have been on the meds. At this point, my arthritis pain is gone, I am hoping it will not return, the cancer is a blessing because real arthritis is not curable, cancer is in some cases. So I am looking forward to better health after if finish my treatment.
Oh, and the PET scan showed that my bowels were full, so my doctor has made sure I know that not only is there nothing significant in my brain, I am also full of shit.
And the bike is OK.

Hmm...kicked in the head by a bully and full of shit, that explains so much! 😀 We have been worried about you Gus, I was not looking forward to having to babysit James at the next SOS! 😉 Forced to sit at the tables and sell his wares while he swans off spending thousands $ on helmets! Great to hear that the prospects are good for you Gus, obviously a tremendous relief! Looking forward to seeing you and Maggie at the next SOS. 👍

Yesterday I got the news that the cancer treatment looks like it worked. The PET scan showed no signs of cancer at this time. I have to go in for exams ever three months for the first two years as that is the time it is most likely to come back, I still have a tumor in my neck, and the doctor is not very happy about that, but surgery was not recommended.

Yesterday I got the news that the cancer treatment looks like it worked. The PET scan showed no signs of cancer at this time. I have to go in for exams ever three months for the first two years as that is the time it is most likely to come back, I still have a tumor in my neck, and the doctor is not very happy about that, but surgery was not recommended.
These are the best news today!
So happy for you, Gustaf.

Back